Re: [ARSCLIST] Noise reduction software for 78rpm

We have used CoolEdit Pro to clean up clicks, pops, scratches and
surface noise from our old ('40's, '50's) 16" transcriptions in
preparation  for mastering to CD for over six years with great success.
We also use some of the WAVES bundle and other software as DirectX
plugins. In this way, we're not limited to any one software tool.  It's
very flexible.   It should be noted that Adobe has just added the
CoolEdit company, Syntrillium, to its group of highly respected
software, so it's success continues under a new flag.  And yes, it's not
too expensive and its smaller brother, CoolEdit 2000, does about the
same job for even less money.  Check out their Web site for more
information: http://www.syntrillium.com/cooledit/

Rod Stephens
Family Theater Productions

tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

If one can't afford a CEDAR system, is there any software that comes close
when cleaning up 78s of pops, crackles and surface noise?

Tom Diamant
Arhoolie Records
10341 San Pablo Ave.
El Cerrito, CA 94530