Re: [ARSCLIST] Labeling Software

Some "printable" CD-R discs are unacceptable for the following reasons:

1. The printable coating may not matched thermally and hydroscopically
to the polycarbonate substrate. Warping or even delamination can result.

2. Some inks may not be long-term stable, and can degrade the
information layer.

3. Some inkjets (especially high dpi) may direct the ink stream onto an
extremely small area the disc with a high velocity, resulting in very
high force per unit area, and the information layer can be damaged.

Significant testing is required to confirm acceptability of the media
and the printer. Few manufacturers publish, or even conduct, the proper
tests.

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.