Re: [ARSCLIST] Long-term/preservation audio

I hope that criteria can be established so that we are not "arbitrary". I
have no hope that we can be all-inclusive.

Mike
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/

Some organizations have a "savings" or "retention" policy as opposed to
"weeding" criteria.  Some of this is required by law, other policy is just a
decision by the organization developed over time with respect to company
history.  I suspect the Oral History association has some kind of criteria
established by now, which they disseminate to those wishing to know what to
keep for posterity.
  Perhaps it is time for ARSC to establish some criteria which would help
organizations and collectors in pointing the way to what might be useful for
the future.
Paul T. Jackson - Trescott Research
Information Resources and Library Development
trescott@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:trescott@xxxxxxxxx>
http://www.bookbay.com/PioneersInBrass.htm