Can you explain that little trick to the unitiated, of which I am a
member.

aa
On Monday, July 7, 2003, at 02:45 PM, stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lars Gaustad" <lars.gaustad@xxxxx>
I do not envy my grandschildren faced with noise reducing two inch
tapes
when this fashion is long dead and not remembered.
Wouldn't the noise reduction involve primarily reducing/removing "tape
hiss"
which would seem to me to be related to the size of the oxide
particles?
Or are you assuming that restoration might also accidentally include
the
"un-distortion" of intentionally distorted signals (which I do all the
time with mu harmonica amp!) on the assumption that was also not part
of
the original signal?