[ARSCLIST] Century Records

Century Records was a manufacturer of short-run custom LPS for things like
high-school orchestras and choirs, glee cubs and so forth. Does anybody
know who holds the rights to their stuff, or anything else that would help
us chase them down? They were based in Saugus, California.

In 1962, Century Records Custom Recording Service made a records of singers
at the U.N. Pavilion at the Seattle Worlds Fair. Northwest Folkife is
considering a re-issue, in connection with a reunion of Seattle singers
from that era. I have access to at least two copies of the record, but it
would be nice to either confirm that the recording has been "abandoned" or
find the current owner of the copyright. I have no hope of finding the
master tapes, but you never know.

Any suggestions?

John Ross Northwest Folklife