[ARSCLIST] Home Recording

There really isn't a best way to flatten these disks. The critical thing here is the stylus, the tone arm adjustments, and the turntable adjustments.That means a conventional turntable will not work. Conventional styli will not work. Laser turntables are not made to track these kind of disks. They are best used with black vinyl Lp's. From years of experince I've been able to get the sound out of most of these types of disks. But depending on how bad they are "cracked" & "crazed" sometimes you can't get all the audio out of them. Also sometimes there are pains taking ways to repair some of the groove to get these disks to playback. But I can't make that judgment untill I see the condition of the disks.

Adrian Cosentini

Chief Audio Engineer
VidiPax
450 West 31st Street