Re: [ARSCLIST] CD writing programs

----- Original Message -----
From: "James L Wolf" <jwol@xxxxxxx>
>     The ear, while subjective and not quantifiable, is a very subtle
> instrument, especially when it's connected to a trained nervous system.
The problem is that the ear is connected to the brain (do I do the
chorus of "Dry Bones" now?) and the brain is neither understood nor
do different examples operate in exactly the same way! So...
> The ear's findings, especially when they are considered carefully,
> should never be dismissed out of hand. They point the way to better
> science.
Actually, the findings are those of the brain, since the output of
the ear can't be usefully measured currently. The problem is that
the brain's findings are the sum total of all sorts of unrelated
information and conclusions, and often neither repeatable or
reliable in any actual sense. The information available to any
third-party observer is a summary of what the listening party
THINKS he/she/it hears; as such, it is of limited value in a
scientific sense.