Re: [ARSCLIST] International Archive for Recording Devices

This may be possible for older analog equipment, but rapid obsolescence
in the digital area, such as CD and DVD, makes it impossible to build a
viable database based upon model numbers or even manufacturers. A "good"
drive from a specific manufacturer is often superceded by a lemon.

J. Hartke
Media Sciences, Inc.