Re: [ARSCLIST] seeking cassette deck recommendation

Hi, Claudia,

Gentle is part of the story. Sounds good is the other part. I am
convinced...and I've spent my money in this direction...that the absolute
best reproduction of cassettes can be had by one and only one tape machine:
the Nakamichi Dragon (well, there was an even more high-end model..but)

The reason for this is that the Dragon is the only machine that
automatically adjusts playback azimuth for each and every tape USING
PROGRAM MATERIAL.

I wanted a varispeed cassette machine and just got a Nakamichi MR-1 and
while it sounds good, it doesn't sound as clean as a Dragon.

The only real way to get these is on eBay...then send them to the Nakamichi
depot in Long Beach California for a complete overhaul. Expect to spend
about $1200 or so for the whole deal.

I wish there was a better answer.

Cheers,

Richard