Re: [ARSCLIST] Tape recorders

Another option you may want to consider is the Creative Nomad Jukebox 3, a
portable 20 gigabyte hard disk recorder that will record wav files, mp3s or
WMA files, has an 11 hour battery, and USB & Firewire ports to upload your
files to your computer. for more info:
http://www.americas.creative.com/products/product.asp?product=324&category=2
&maincategory=2

I have not used this unit, but it seems to be gaining popularity among live
concert tapers.

Matthew Sohn
Audio Preservationist
Louis Armstrong House and Archives
mahatma@xxxxxx

http://www.minidisc.org/aes_atrac.html

> >I re-read Tristram's post, and it sounds like he is looking for something
> >make copies of already collected materials in his archive. Perhaps you
might
> >consider the HHB stand-alone CD burner: HHB CDR830: $550 US(ish) to make
> >copies. It is easy to use, and the converters are reasonably good. Or
what
> >about using one of your existing computers and recording through a good
> >converter into a digital only card, and then saving the files as sound
> >files, as well as audio CDs? That way you can make one-offs whenever you
> >need from the stored files. These days, hard drive space is so cheap, you
> >might consider transferring the collection to HD and leaving it there.
When