Re: [ARSCLIST]

Hi Cathy,

Check this out:  http://nico.library.ucsb.edu/cylinderbox/

This is by far the best choice I have seen for cylinder storage.  Perhaps
others can chime in on where to purchase them.  Cylinders, especially the
wax ones, are prone to mold infestation and the felt lined boxes do not
help.  There is no way to clean mold from a wax cylinder without destroying
the cylinder itself, which is a very fragile format to begin with.
 However, I would be interested if anyone has had luck removing mold from
cylinders made of other materials.  Be careful not to cross contaminate
uninfected materials.

Most manufactured cylinders were marked on the end with titles, numbers,
etc.  They should help you in determining what you have.  I'm sorry I don't
know where you should begin searching, but I'm sure someone on the list
does.  Good luck.

--Jeff