Re: [ARSCLIST] National Recording Registry

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Seubert" <seubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> If you hadn't seen it yet, the 2002 National Recording Registry is up on
> the Library of Congress web site:
Having finally seen this (the first post didn't link to the list), I'm
somewhat
surprised what IS on it (some items are historic milestones, but were only
recorded by accident as a result of having been broadcast...I question
their inclusion in a list of *recordings*...) and what ISN'T (the first
Mamie
Smith Okeh, for one...Dalhart's "Wreck of the Old 97 for another...and I
can think of more!)
It would be interesting to omit the items that belong on a list of
historical
milestones rather than recording milestones, along with a few that appear
to be nods to political correctness, and assemble a list of important
commercial recordings that were intended as recordings!
My opinion only...
...stevenc