*From:* Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Allinaday@xxxxxxx
*Sent:* Friday, January 17, 2003 4:18 PM
*To:* ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* Re: [ARSCLIST] "Commercial" listings

In a message dated 1/17/2003 2:02:37 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ptk1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Has anyone tried to buy a good reel to reel recorder with 3 3/4 ips speed? They are practically non existent. It is more of a service than a sales advertisement. I say keep 'em coming.

I say-- keep them coming as well. I always learn more from others
trying to work with equipment that I either need or already have in my
shop. I am currently transferring sound using a professional 1 inch
video recorder that was sold by Sony 23 years ago. The sound quality
is fantastic. Sharing ideas about machines, whether for sale are not,
is useful

The Teac line had a series of decks that would play and record at 3
3/4IPS from 7" reels (i.e., models 2340R, A-2300SD, A-2300S, A-4300) and
additonal decks with 10 1/2" reel capabiltiy (models A-3300S, A-6300,
A-7300). These all had 1/4 track 2 channel heads. I'm sure there were
other models that they produced that would fill the bill, too, and
perhaps eBay and Half.com would be possible resources.

Rod Stephens
Family Theater Productions