Re: arsclist Spam?

Thanks for being persistent. The high capacity of DVD is certainly
attractive. Two issues arise:

First, incompatible physical DVD media formats are still at war, mostly
involving DVD-R and DVD+R. No apparent winners yet.

Second, DVD-Audio and DVD-Video are different logical formats. Both will
accept audio, with DVD-Video being the most widely accepted.

If interchange and longevity are the objective, then CD-R seems to be
the best choice provided that attention is given to both media and
recorder quality. The discs will just occupy a bit more space.

Jerry

Jonathan Wise wrote:

> Hi Jerry,
>
> Sorry, I have no idea why your reply would have been rejected. Firewalls can
> be finicky things I guess. Anyway, apologies to those who may have read my
> original post regarding DVD-Audio:
>
> "Is anyone on the list currently using DVD-Audio for preservation? Any
> thoughts or comments on this format vs. conventional CD-R's?"
>
> Jonathan
> Canadian Museum of Civilization

-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html