From: Allinaday@xxxxxxx [mailto:Allinaday@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 06 January 2003 13:19
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: arsclist Cassette Sticky-Shed

Dear all,
I have an alternative method to baking which has been working for me.  I also have a question re Nigel's suggestion for removing one side of the reel when baking.

What I did was set up a spindle near my Nagra on the play IN side of the tape recorder (as opposed to the play out side).  The spindle has absolutely no stress on it and as the tape plays through the playhead, the spindle slowly turns.  This eliminates the squeak which is coming from pressure on the tape as it moves through the play heads. I have completely eliminated squeaking this way.

Re Nigel's suggestion.  Nigel?  Why don't you just run the tapes at high speed through to a reel the where the top can be removed and then remove the top of ever tape before baking?

Best regards,
David Hoffman
veteran filmmaker

Free exhibitions at the British Library Galleries :

50 Years of Number Ones : Listen to any one of over 930 pop music chart toppers 1952-2002 (from 11 October)

Magic Pencil : Children's Book Illustration Today (from 1 November) original graphic work of 13 contemporary artists

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the postmaster@xxxxx : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.