Re: arsclist Transfer of multiple copies, was: Full 3-D mapping of groove?

On 24/12/02, Doug Pomeroy wrote:
> Not to beat a dead horse, but:
>
> Below is Gordon Reid's reply to my question about the CEDAR
> azimuth corrector.

>> The AZ does not shift the phases of individual frequencies, as your
>> correspondent suggested, so to some extent the original name of
>> "phase
>> corrector" was misleading. The algorithm works on the signal as a
>> whole,
>> shifting it in time so that the lagging channel is realigned with
>> the
>> leading channel.

It sounds as though this would be useless for Azimuth correction (eg for
playing back a mono tape recorded with a different azimuth), but ideal
for matching up several copies of a recording before extracting the
signal from the noise.

Regards
--
Don Cox