Re: arsclist Raw Marc Record, separators et al

hi,
this is all explained in great deal on the MARC web pages.
http://www.loc.gov/marc/specifications/spechome.html
e.g.

Basic (ASCII) and Extended (ANSEL) Latin
MARC UCS UTF-8 NAME
00-1A   [RESERVED]
1B 001B 1B ESCAPE (Unlikely to occur in UCS/Unicode)
1C   [RESERVED]
1D 001D 1D RECORD TERMINATOR / GROUP SEPARATOR
1E 001E 1E FIELD TERMINATOR / RECORD SEPARATOR
1F 001F 1F SUBFIELD DELIMITER / UNIT SEPARATOR
20 0020 20 SPACE, BLANK / SPACE
7C 007C 7C VERTICAL BAR (FILL) / VERTICAL LINE
etc.

A. Ralph Papakhian, Indiana University Music Library
Bloomington, IN 47405 812/855-2970 papakhi@xxxxxxxxxxx
co-owner: MLA-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-