arsclist CD markers

I know there has been some previous discussion on this - but if folks could
bring me up to date on their thoughts, I would be most appreciative.

For archival purposes I do not write on the CDs with any kind of marker.

However, producers here would go nuts if they couldn't label their
production CDs with some kind of marker.  Is one better than another?  Water
soluable inks perhaps?

One producer/reporter presented me with a packet of Staedtler markers made
in Germany.
The packet says, "Safe for labeling CD and DVD discs." The markers even come
with a free blank CD. The packet also says - "smudge-proof and waterproof
and low odor."

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Andy Lanset, Archivist