arsclist record archive

Dear all,

we have a private record collection (classics and jazz) of
a few thousand vinyl lps. We have decided to at least think
about making a listing of the collection for more efficient searching.

Now, can anybody give us a hint whether we could get the
most important information from an electronic archive possibly
on the web? My plan is to search this archive with the record
code, say SLS  785, and to get the information on that record
for our list. We would need the composer, artist, date of
recording, title(s) etc.
Since I am able to do some programming it shouldn't be a problem
to automize the process of getting the information needed out
of that archive.

Thanks a lot for any help

Bruno Weber

--