RE: arsclist RE: 78 Rpm Record Spindle Holes

At 07:33 PM 11/21/2002 -0600, Audio101 wrote:
I understand, but to keep machining cost's down, we have machined the
spindle a few mm smaller then stock, and then supply a machined sleeve
that fits over the undersized spindle for use with normal records.

 To completely machine the spindle off, and then machine another piece
that would somehow join with the flat shaft would be very costly to
make. I can do this if a customer wants, but I am afraid the cost would
be prohibitive.

I believe the normal procedure is to make the spindle removable. Not knowing how the table is built, I can't guess whether it would be practical, but should be considered.

Mike mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/