Re: arsclist Assistance for Armenian Ethnomusicology Archive

Just a note to follow up on last week's discussion...

It now appears that some tangible steps are being taken to provide technical support and assistance for the ethnomusicology archives in Armenia. I'd like to thank everyone for their helpful suggestions and input. It's gratifying to know that our ARSC colleagues are interested in the plight of sound archives where valuable cultural recordings are at risk because of low budgets and less than ideal facilities.

Many of the messages posted last week have been forwarded to Ms. Sarksyan.

Thank you again and best wishes,

Steve Green
Western Folklife Center
sgreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx