Re: arsclist storing

I am currently looking for the best solution for our 78 rpms when we don't own
another healthy item of the record. They have been held out of the stacks, in
order not to make them go worse. We will be able to make a copy of the record,

Sorry about the chart - let's try it again.

Hello Alain

Within the next 4-6 weeks, we will be offering sleeves in the following sizes:

Size/Hole Diameter/Disc Size (in)/Disc Size (cm)/Sleeve Size (in)/Sleeve Size (cm)
5" 2 1/2 5 1/2 17.25 5 5/8 17.75
6" 2 1/2 6 19 6 1/4 19.75
7" 3 1/4 7 22 7 1/4 22.75
8" 3 1/4 8 1/32 25.25 8 1/4 26
9" 4 8 7/8 28 9 1/4 29
10" 4 10 31.5 10 1/4 32.25
10.5" 4 10 5/8 33.5 11 34.50
11.5" 4 11 3/8 35.75 11 5/8 36.50
12" 4 12 37.75 12 1/4 38.50
14" 5 14 44 14 1/4 44.75
16" 5 16 50.25 16 1/4 51

Sizes are designed so that oversized records such as Edison Diamond Discs, acoustic US 12" Columbias and 16" shellac soundtrack discs will fit comfortably. These sleeves will be on 12-14 pt. kraft card stock, so they will not tear or wrinkle when handled. Seams will be on the inside to keep them from catching when the record is placed back on the shelf, and a very slight thumb tab will be present to the right of the center line to aid in opening the sleeve with the edge of the disc. The top edge of the record will not be exposed.

They will not be made from acid free paper, as that costs substantially more and few collectors are willing to pay the premium. However, most paper today is relatively acid free anyway. (In fact, early 78 rpm sleeves were high in acid, but in my experience no apparent damage has resulted from storing discs in original sleeves as long as they were kept clean and dry.)

Prices will range from 20-50 cents each, depending on size and quantity ordered. The sleeves will be called Disc-O-Files, and you should see an announcement on our website as soon as they are ready. I will gladly send samples to anyone who requests them.

Regards,

Kurt & Diane Nauck

c/o Nauck's Vintage Records
6323 Inway Dr.