arsclist Tape Boxes

I am currently buying boxes for reel to reel tapes. I have had several
people tell me that I do not have to store the reels in acid free boxes. It
seems to me I would want to store them in acid free boxes, but the
difference in price is substantial. Acid free boxes are $3.00/box and boxes
from Polyline are averaging 30 cents/box. Also, I cannot find acid free
boxes for 5 inch and 3 inch reels. My questions is, is it okay to buy the
Polyline boxes to store the reels?

Curtis Peoples
Assistant Archivist
The Vietnam Archive