Re: arsclist Demise of label product?

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

If I were an avid collector of first editions, how would I prove that I
had downloaded a copy of the first distribution? Would metadata
work for me, and how would it be authenticated? Would I not be
dependent on hidden codes provided by the distributor?

Now, on the open auction market, how would my copy experience
the usual price increase for a limited edition in a market where the
demand exceeds the supply? Would we get to the situation
existing in the stamp collecting world, where certain items are
virtually unsaleable, unless they have a certificate from a certified
valuer? I presume the valuer in this connection would have access
to the ultrasecret "second layer" codes from the distributor;
otherwise the whole excercise would be wasted.

Kind summer regards,

George
-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html