Re: arsclist Timely Recording Company

Hello Mark Mollan,
  I think you will find some information in the Bear Family box.  Back in the 60's I prepared a discography of the Timely label, which included the left wing series, folksongs, and an interesting array of classical recordings (including Boyce symphonies Max Goberman cond. if I recall).  The company was run by Leo Waldman and sold to General Records which passed to Commodore.
  Contact me off line with information about your project.
  Best wishes, Tom Stern.

Mark Mollan wrote:

   Dear All: I work at the National Archives and am processing a couple of recordings used as evidence in investigations conducted by the House Un-American Affairs Committee. These recordings are songs written by Berthold Brecht, Marc Blitzstein played the piano.  The recording label is Timely Recording Company, which was located at 235  5th Avenue in New York. Does anybody know anything about this company? Thanks, Mark C. MollanNational ArchivesMotion Picture, Sound and Video