Re: arsclist instant press records 1940s

Sounds like they are transcription acetate disks, perhaps marked "Presto"
which may be why you describe them as "instant press" records. Except for a
period during WWII, when glass was used as a base, these disks were aluminum
based. Check out http://www.masterdigital.com/24bit/diskrecordings.html for
more information.

We get a lot of these during the holidays when people want to hear
performances or dialogue recorded by family members years ago.

on 3/11/02 5:04 PM, spenserz@xxxxxxx wrote:

> They are at my parent's house and I won't get back there for a month or two. I
> remember the following: They are black and stiff and slightly heavy. One side
> is grooved and the other side is flat and smooth. They are smaller in diameter
> than a LP that you would buy today. Grooves look wider. They have labels that
> have handwriting on them, but I do not remember much more. I will call my dad
> and ask him about details if he remembers anything. The materials you
> mentioned are the interior of the record that is coated with some other
> impressionable surface, or are they the surface?

---
Parker Dinkins                      CD Mastering + Audio Restoration
MasterDigital Corporation               http://www.masterdigital.com

-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html
from the author of the post.