Re: arsclist instant press records 1940s

Are you refering to the "Hit-of-the-Week" records on a
brownish stock? They were hits, and tend to
predominately be dance bands, and popular jazz. Most
were relatively common. Musically few of them are
particularly hot or unusual, but they do represent the
popular music of the day, I believe they began in the
mid 1930s, and continued through the early 40s.
Someone who has a label guide handy maybe able to
confirm that.
Cheryl Thurber

=====
Dr. Cheryl Thurber email: cthurb@xxxxxxxxx