Re: arsclist polypropylene and tyvek liners

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Doug Pomeroy wrote:

> You mean you are putting labels on the CDs?
> If so, you might well reconsider that practice.

While it wasn't clear to me that the original posting suggested that they
applied labels to the label side of the disc...when we started buying CDs
for our collection, our circulation folks preferred that we place library
labels on the CDs. Certainly as no surprise to anyone in preservation,
over time (within a year) the labels began to peel and more often than
not, took bits of the reflective layer along.

Likewise and perhaps of more concern is the application of labels to CDRs.

Karl

-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html
from the author of the post.