arsclist Re: Technics 122 MK

On the subject of the Technics 122 MK, this is an outstanding deck,
even though there are others with lower flutter and wow. A nice feature
is the build-in tone generator which is used to optimize the bias setting
for the particular type of tape being used. The playback azimuth adjustment
is made at the lower screw to the left of the heads - the record azimuth
screw is to the right of the heads. The manual explains this. To access the
screws you have to remove the outer door cover, which is done by opening the
door and pulling up on a small plastic tab at the top of the door, in the
center.

Doug Pomeroy   pomeroyaudio@xxxxxxx
Audio Restoration & Remastering Services

----------
>From: "Richard L. Hess" <ArcLists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: arsclist slaying the Dragon
>Date: Thu, Feb 28, 2002, 11:11 AM

<SNIP>

> I have stuggled with the same decision that Art made and he and I came down
> on different sides of it. It is a very tough decision and the Tascam 122 MK
> III is a very tempting and excellent machine.
>
> Art, could you please describe how playback azimuth is adjusted on the
> MKIII and is it totally independent of record azimuth?
-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html
from the author of the post.