Re: arsclist Whirling Dervish info

One of my brothers, who was in the US Air Force in the 1960s, told me some
years ago about the first generation of whirling head tape players that the
US military developed for changing the tempo, but not pitch, of recorded
conversations. The irony of our present discussion of these devices is that
they were intended to be used to make aircraft cockpit recordings more
intelligible - specifically those of aircraft that had crashed.

Doug Rhodes

Doug Rhodes
Victoria, BC Canada