Record Collector David Goldenberg died today

We've lost a wonderful friend - and my best buddy of 30 years. David
Goldenberg died this afternoon at 3pm. David battled cancer last year and
won. But other problems ensued and, though they tried, the doctors could not
find the infection to treat.  After a cardiac arrest on Saturday morning, he
lost all brain functions and, at his advance request, life support system
were removed.

Thanks to all who sent messages after my internet posting on 78-L.I passed on
your thoughts to Eloise and Rachel and have printed them out for them to have.
 Some of you are not on 78-L but knew David. The funeral will be Sunday
outside Philadelphia.

If you wish forther information please email me at the following address:

Stevenramm@xxxxxxx

 Here is the vital information:

Contributions in David's memory may be made to IAJRC (International assn. of
Jazz Record Collectors) of which David was a Past President. They will set up
a special Memorial Fund. They should be made payable to: IARJRC - David
Goldenberg Fund and sent to:

Doug Norwood
3808-A Mosby Dr.
Greensboro, NC 27407

Tonight, before you go to bed, pick out a favorite JAZZ record in David's
memory. We'll all  miss him. He was the most wonderful friend in the world.

Steve Ramm