Re: arsclist reel to reel player/recorder

The last series of recorders made by Ampex
(the ATR-100 series), had servo control over
tape speed, as ALL the best pro machines did
by the late 70's. This reduced flutter & wow,
as well as the equally insidious problem of
gradual pitch fluctuation related to the diameter
of the tape wound on the feed and takeup reels.
Unfortunately, a tape recorded on a recorder
without servo control cannot be pitch-rectified
by being played on one which has; it may even
make matters worse.

Doug Pomeroy   pomeroyaudio@xxxxxxx
Audio Restoration [CEDAR] & Remastering