RE: arsclist Playback equipment for phonograph records

From:           	"Susan Harvey" <sharvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:             	<ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:        	RE: arsclist Playback equipment for phonograph
records
Date sent:      	Mon, 4 Jun 2001 11:58:15 -0500
Send reply to:
  ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

May I suggest that you consider the ELP Laser Turntable. It will
play
all your requirements, the mid-range one will have complete
variability of replay speed from ca. 25-90 rpm, and any repeated
testing for identification is completely non-invasive. If you want to
make a proper transfer, cleaning of the record (with the equipment
supplied with the LT) is mandatory.

The LT is costly, but it leaves no trace on the record. At present it
cannot play a transparent record surface (and many acetates are
really
transparent, only coloured with methyl violet). Try the website of
ELP:  www.elpj.com. The LT was demonstrated at ARSC 2000 and
will be
shown in New York this upcoming weekend.

Good luck,

George Brock-Nannestad
Preservation Tactics

Details from Susan's original message: