Fwd: Reel-to-reel tapes

Greetings all;

I am forwarding this question for your collective wisdom. Please respond to Holly personally. Thank you. Esther.

Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 11:54:10 -0700
From: "Holly Gardinier" <holly.gardinier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: esth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Reel-to-reel tapes

Hi Ester,

I am an Eastman grad and music librarian for the Claremont Colleges.  A
retired local composer has expressed interest in donating his collection
of music materials to the library which includes reel-to-reel tapes of
his performances.

What are you recommending for the reformatting of these materials?  Do
you have an idea of a ballpark figure for the cost per tape?  We would
have to outsource the project so we would be interested in recommended
companies, especially on the West coast, and vendor specifications.

Any advice is appreciated,

Holly

Holly Gardinier
Performing Arts Librarian