Epitaph Jazz Records Query

Five LPs on the Epitaph Records label have recently come my way. Might
someone out there tell me the history of this company? From literature
accopmpanying the five albums, it was in Los Angeles and put out recordings
of New Orleans and Dixieland jazz during the west coast jazz revival of the
1950s and 1960s.  When did the company start and what became of it?  Anyone
have a complete catalog of their output that I could get a copy of?

Michael T.

Michael Tarabulski
International Jazz Collections
Lionel Hampton Center