[no subject]

Hi Gang,

Ever hear of Vincent Giordano and the Nighthawks?  Vince is a long time friend, musician, record collector and music lover.  His band superbly plays terrific ORIGINAL dance band arrangements from  the 20's & early 30's.  It's the closest thing we'll ever know to a time machine back to 1930 and making proper recordings of those great dance bands (i.e. Paul Whiteman, Jean Goldkette, Freddie Rich, Ben Selvin, Fletcher Henderson, Coon-Sanders, et. al.)   He's also playing a key role in organizing the astonishingly massive vaults at BMG here in NY (of the  century's worth Victor and NBC recordings).

Being a purist, he wants to have a sound system for his club dates that both sounds and appears correct.  By correct, I don't mean tinny: properly eq'd, balanced & low distortion.  So, the challenge is to find contemporary mikes whose transducers can be rather easily extracted and mounted in enclosures he's having made to appear old.  If those of you experienced with mikes (I am not) have suggestions, then please e mail him at Vince.Giordano@xxxxxxxx

Syncopatedly yours,
Shiffy
check out my website: www.shifrin.net