Electromagnetic pulse weapons

An interesting article here:

http://www.infowar.com/mil_c4i/mil_c4i8.html-ssi

was referred to in today's Daily Telegraph (Britain) newspaper
during a feature about electromagnetic pulse weapons. The newspaper
mentioned that a terrorist group may have been considering the
deployment of such a weapon to halt trading in the City of London.

Around 1/3 of the way down the article, we see:

> An area worth further investigation in this context is the use of
> low frequency bombs to damage or destroy magnetic tape libraries.

I'm no big-time archivist, but have kept my work carefully over the
years. Yes, it's all on tape. Is it time to start making CD-Rs of it
all? Not that I'm expecting a war any time soon, you understand!

John Hayward-Warburton