Subject: arsclist Preservation of Dictaphones
Author:  Lance Watsky <lwatsky@xxxxxxxxx> at Internet
Date:    08/02/2000 1:42 PM

Hello ARSC members,

I am the Non-print Conservator for the Emory University libraries in
Atlanta Georgia.  The other day one of the librarians brought me a pack
of  Dictaphone belts.  Does anyone know how to determine if their is
recorded information on the belts, will the recorded signal look like an
optical sound track?  Are there any companies that can transfer the
recordings on the belts to a modern format?

If anyone has any information regarding dictaphone belts you can either
post the information or send it to me directly.

Thank you,
Lance Watsky

begin:vcard
n:Watsky;Lance
tel;fax:404-727-0053
tel;work:404-727-4894
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://info.library.emory.edu/preservation/
org:Emory University Libraries;Preservation Office
adr:;;Woodruff Library, Rm.127;Atlanta;GA;30322-2870;U.S.A.
version:2.1
email;internet:lwatsky@xxxxxxxxx
title:Non-Print Conservator
fn:Lance Watsky