Re: arsclist Phono pre-amps

John J. Burns Library
Irish Music Center
Boston College
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467-3801
(617) 552-3956
Elizabeth Sweeney wrote:

> We will be purchasing a phono pre-amp that would provide a good signal
> for audio restoration in an archival setting. While our budget is
> not unlimited, we want to make a wise choice in choosing this
> component. Recommendations would be appreciated!

Contact Russ Fisher and ask about the Waxworks II preamp.  I have no
relationship with Russ, other than having bought one of his preamps and
use it almost every day.

In my opinion, it is one of the most flexible devices currently
available for doing archival or restoration transfers.  It has
adjustable rolloff and turnover controls, handles vertical or lateral
discs from a stereo cartridge and also allows selection of left and
right groove walls plus a means of balancing the sum or difference for
mono transfers.

Russ Fisher
5336 Tribune Dr.
Orlando, FL 32812

Phone is 407-275-0676.  Fax is 407-282-5185.
The price is $399 plus $6 shipping

... Graham Newton

World class professional services applied to phonograph and tape
recordings for consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR processes.