oral history cassette tape stock

To the List,

We will begin an oral history project soon, and I seek your advice on the
type of cassette tape stock best used for this purpose.  (We knnow full
well that magnetic media are not permanent and durable, and that the sound
density of the spoken word in these cases is not as critical here as it is
in many applications.)

Nevertheless, what advice would you give one such as me in the selection of
tapes to use in a high-quality recorder.  For example, is chromium dioxide
tape the best in quality/permanence for this effort?  Can you recommend a
particular type or brand?

I thank you for your thoughts on this.

Wes

Wesley L. Boomgaarden