disc cleaning methods

Dear ARSCLIST Folks,

This request came originally from Jean-Marc Fontaine at the Bibliotheque
nationale francaise in Paris. That archive is planning to establish
facilities for cleaning of discs (coarse-groove such as 78's, instantaneous
transciption / "acetate", and microgroove) and is trying to assemble
comments and advice from collectors and archives with experience. I've
reported on hand-cleaning at Yale using various fluids (including Disc
Doctor-Lagniappe Chemicals and Lane Audio) but have never used machines.
Sara Velez at Rodgers and Hammerstein and perhaps others on the AAA have
reported on one or more types of machine. Additional comments would be
helpful, so I'm sending this to the larger ARSCLIST group.

The people at BNF need specific information and comments (positive,
neutral, or negative) on cleaning methods and machines, both personal and
commercial. Please be as precise as possible about chemical products.

Please send your comments and advice to:     dominique.marzet@xxxxxx

Having helped start this survey, I'd be interested in a copy of your
messages, too.

Thank you very much, Richard (Warren, Historical Sound Recordings, Yale
Music Library)