Re: arsclist Brad Kay's `accidental' stereo

>>> Michael Biel <m.biel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 02/15 2:22 PM >>>
>These recordings are very controversial--EMI will not acknowledge
>even the possibility of their being done from two different
>microphones.  Yet BMG has finally issued the two Program
>Transcription sides by Duke Ellington in stereo--as discovered by
>Brad Kay...

I always thought that Steven Lasker deserved co-credit for
"discovering" this with Brad Kay. What role did each actually play?

Larry Appelbaum
Senior Studio Engineer
MBRS Division
Library of Congress
Washington D.C. 20540-4696
(202) 707-1848
lapp@xxxxxxx

All opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect the official
position of the Library of Congress.