cylinder housing

Hi all,

We are investigating re-housing our cylinder collection here at UCSB and I'd like to to query the list on a few points first.

1) Has anybody rehoused their cylinders, and if so, what product did you use to house them, and are you satisfied?
2) Does anybody know of any products that I may not be aware of? I have a prototype from Metal Edge and a sample from Gaylord. Are there others?
3) Playing the devil's advocate for a moment, is it really necessary to keep the original boxes if they don't have information specific to the cylinder? How do we even know it is in the correct box? If we do keep them, is there a convenient way to store them together?
4) Are there other things I should be thinking about but haven't?

Thanks,
David
David Seubert, Curator
Performing Arts Collections