blues show for a local college station...and I'm wondering if I
could also interest them in a 78-related program as well.

Second, I have some acquaintances who have indicated an interest
like "What's ON those old records you got?!"

Then, as far as I'm concerned, putting 78's on CD-R's for later play
is a 21st century version of the cassettes I used to make in large
numbers...so my listening no longer had to stay within earshot of my
78 player...

#1 would have to be professional-quality if they gave me the chance to
do the program...but might not need to be for a "this is what I'm thinking
of" CD-R, which could be a "podcast" affair.

With #2, the sound quality isn't of overwhelming importance...

And for #3, my hearing isn't so good that I can notice any difference
when listening to mp3's of other folks' 78's...

...stevenc
http://users.interlinks.net/stevenc/